Position Title: Part-Time Instructor- Respiratory Therapy
Requisition Number: req2906
Compensation: Dependent on degree
Job Grade: X
Department: School of Health, Wellness, & Public Safety
Employment Type: Part-Time Faculty
Compensation Type: Dependent on education and courses taught
Campus Location: Main Campus
Part-time faculty members are determined to be eligible for benefits annually based on a 12 month look back period from October through September each year. CNM offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance as well as pension and retirement plans. CNM also offers generous educational benefits to employees, their spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children.
Pay is dependent upon class assignment and degree held.
Being hired into the regular part-time instructor pool is not a guarantee of employment. Classes are assigned on an as-needed basis. The number of openings for instructors is dependent upon student enrollment.
Cnm Part-Time Faculty
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
An instructor is responsible for providing high quality instruction so that each student may meet course outcomes. Collaborate with the Dean and colleagues to improve the student learning experience. Being hired into the regular part-time instructor pool is not a guarantee of employment. Classes are assigned on an as-needed basis. Hours will vary each class and by term. The number of openings for instructors is dependent upon student enrollment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for effectively preparing, teaching, grading, and assessing student learning in courses assigned.
- Create and model a quality learning environment to support a diverse student population including students with disabilities or special learning needs.
- Maintain student records and provide documentation for in-completes within established College timelines.
- Utilize a variety of technology-based programs to access and input information related to student records and college/school/department processes.
- Assist students with registration, advising, and graduation processes.
- Structure classes and curriculum to correspond with program and course outcomes.
- Prepare, distribute and utilize instructional support materials, including course syllabi, supplementary materials, instructional media and other devices as appropriate.
- Convene classes as scheduled and respond to student inquiries.
- Assist students outside the classroom through posted office hours.
- Attend in-service sessions, college/school/department meetings, graduation and convocation as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree from an accredited institution in Respiratory Therapy [OR] CCRN current New Mexico RN license.
- National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
- New Mexico Licenses Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP).
- One (1) year recent experience in Respiratory Care or Critical Care Nursing.
Additional Comments to Applicants:
- Bachelor's degree in Respiratory Therapy, or related science discipline, or a bachelor's or education degree from an accredited institution.
- One (1) year recent teaching experience in Respiratory Therapy or related field.
- Two (2) years recent teaching experience in Respiratory Care.
- Recent experience in clinical affiliates of the Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Active member of the AARC/NMSRC.
- Teaching experience within the last five years.
As a condition of employment CNM requires all students, faculty, and staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than October 1, 2021. All students, faculty, and staff must provide documentation of full vaccination using a vaccine authorized by FDA License or under an FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). All documentation to verify vaccination or exemptions must be provided.