Position Title: Part-Time Instructor Machine Tool Technology
Requisition Number: req2885
Compensation: 0.00 - 0.00
Job Grade: X
Department: School of Applied Technologies
Employment Type: Part-Time Faculty
Compensation Type: Dependent on training or courses assigned
Campus Location: Main Campus
Cnm Part-Time Faculty
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
CNM faculty are vital to the College’s vision of “changing lives, building community.” This vision is evidenced by a commitment to teaching and learning that supports our goals of student success, increased student retention, and improved graduation rates. Faculty are responsible for providing high quality instruction that meets the needs of diverse learners so that each student may meet course outcomes and achieve their educational goals. An instructor is responsible for providing high quality instruction so that each student may meet course outcomes. Collaborate with the Dean and colleagues to improve the student learning experience. Being hired into the regular part-time instructor pool is not a guarantee of employment. Classes are assigned on an as-needed basis. Hours will vary each class and by term. The number of openings for instructors is dependent upon student enrollment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for effectively preparing, teaching, grading, and assessing student learning in courses assigned.
- Create and model a quality learning environment to support a diverse student population including students with disabilities or special learning needs.
- Maintain student records and provide documentation for in-completes within established College timelines.
- Utilize a variety of technology-based programs to access and input information related to student records and college/school/department processes.
- Assist students with registration, advising, and graduation processes.
- Structure classes and curriculum to correspond with program and course outcomes.
- Prepare, distribute and utilize instructional support materials, including course syllabi, supplementary materials,instructional media and other devices as appropriate.
- Convene classes as scheduled and respond to student inquiries.
- Assist students outside the classroom through posted office hours.
- Attend in-service sessions, college/school/department meetings, graduation and convocation as required.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- At least Five (5) years of recent experience in machine tool technology, theory, and operations.
- Knowledge of basic and advanced Computer Numerical Control programming and production.
Additional Comments to Applicants:
- Previous mentoring experience
- Associates Degree or higher
- Ability to teach MasterCam software
- Ability to teach HAAS milling machines and lathes
- Ability to teach SolidWorks software.
As a condition of employment CNM requires all students, faculty, and staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than October 1, 2021. All students, faculty and staff must provide documentation of full vaccination using a vaccine authorized by FDA License or under an FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). All documentation to verify vaccination or exemptions must be provided.