Position Title: Accounting Technician
Requisition Number: req2778
Compensation: 15.76 - 18.91
Job Grade: NE15
Department: Ingenuity Support - Instruction
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Compensation Type: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Campus Location: Workforce Training Center
This is a benefits eligible position. CNM offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance as well as pension and retirement plans. CNM also offers generous educational benefits to employees, their spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children.
Additional Comments to Applicants:
Under general supervision, provides moderately complex technical accounting expertise in the areas of contract and grant accounting, payroll, general accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, budgeting, account reconciliation, pre-audit, audit compliance, invoicing, detailed record keeping, month end and year end closing, journal entries, and other related duties as assigned for routine and established processes. Only complete applications will be reviewed. A complete application consists of: Cover Letter, Resume, and Transcripts/Certifications.
As a condition of employment CNM requires all students, faculty, and staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than October 1, 2021. All students, faculty and staff must provide documentation of full vaccination using a vaccine authorized by FDA License or under an FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). All documentation to verify vaccination or exemptions must be provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, provides moderately complex technical accounting expertise in the areas of contract and event licensing, grant accounting, payroll, general accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, budgeting, account reconciliation, pre-audit, audit compliance, invoicing, detailed record keeping, month end and year end closing, journal entries, provides routine support and guidance for accurate cost account application, check deposits, cashiering and data entry duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs general accounting, cashiering, and data entry; may accepts payments for accounts receivable; processes refunds reconciles various CNM accounts, updates database systems, prepares reports, and completes pre-audit tasks for records retention in college systems.
- May perform payroll functions, including verifying information from different sources, discussing payroll adjustments issues with employees.
- Reconciles, balances, and maintains accounting records and participates in departmental budget creation and ad-hoc reports. Reports accounting exceptions to management regarding the finances of Central New Mexico Community College (CNM).
- Coordinates the preparation of regularly scheduled and special billings, costs reports, money allocations, analyses, studies, inventories, and financial statements for local, state, federal, and private funding sources.
- May develop, maintain, track, report and process contract agreements and event activities within established guidelines and accounting systems.
- Performs receptionist and other related duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting
- Two (2) years direct related experience
Degree in Accounting or Equivalent
- Two (2) years related experience
**This position requires candidates to submit a background and credit check