Position Title: CDL Examiner - Part-Time
Requisition Number: req2713
Compensation: 32.00 - 36.00
Job Grade: NE19
Employment Type: Regular Part-Time
Compensation Type: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Campus Location: Workforce Training Center
This is a benefits eligible position. CNM offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance as well as pension and retirement plans. CNM also offers generous educational benefits to employees, their spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the general direction of Program Management of Ingenuity, the CDL Examiners conduct classroom/laboratory activities necessary to train students in entry-level truck driving.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for following the requirements of the CNM Ingenuity CDL Fleet Maintenance Procedure for the maintenance of the CNM Ingenuity CDL Fleet vehicles in compliance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and New Mexico Department of Transportation.
- Responsible for instructing new drivers in the following areas: Safety, Basic Operational Theory, fundamentals of control systems, hours of service regulations, trip planning, public and employer relations, accident procedures, written commercial drivers licensing needs, defensive driving techniques, hazard perception, State and Federal regulations, vehicle inspection, basic control, speed and space management, preventive maintenance, cargo handling, hazards of roadway environment and mountain grades, backing techniques, use of recommended manufacturer's progressive shifting techniques, urban, rural and Interstate driving.
- Organizes instructional material and lab assignments to meet specific measurable objectives.
- Maintains accurate student records, manage inventory, and maintain security of lab and tools.
- Maintains supervisory responsibility for students during the hours they are assigned.
- Provide for effective evaluation and assessment of the learning experience of each student.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Additional Comments to Applicants:
- Three (3) years’ work experience in Truck Driving and a valid unrestricted CDL Class A License and a current DOT Physical Card.
- This position requires a valid unrestricted Driver’s License.
CDL Examiner-32 hours per week from 7am-1pm every other month; and afternoons and weekends some months but subject to change. CDL instructor for our accelerated CDL Class A Program. Also, work on customized training.
As a condition of employment CNM requires all students, faculty, and staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than October 1, 2021. All students, faculty and staff must provide documentation of full vaccination using a vaccine authorized by FDA License or under an FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). All documentation to verify vaccination or exemptions must be provided.