Position Title: Director Digital Services
Requisition Number: req2292
Job Grade: Z
Department: Information Technology Services
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Compensation Type: Contract
Campus Location: Main Campus
This is a benefits eligible position. CNM offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance as well as pension and retirement plans. CNM also offers generous educational benefits to employees, their spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversees, directs, and provides management, support, and strategic planning for software engineers, integration engineers, programmer analysts, and IT professionals in the design, development, delivery, and continuous improvements of Digital Services and Enterprise applications at CNM.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise staff, which includes prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
- Directs the activities of the department, which includes planning, coordinating, administering, and evaluating programs, projects, processes, procedures, systems, standards, and/or service offerings; ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, codes, and/or standards.
- Supports, maintains, manages and provides strategic planning for the digital services team, including the integration team, software development/programmer analyst team, and and all associated functions, roles, and services.
- Develops needs analysis of potential projects, identify potential solutions and vendors, create requests for proposals, coordinate evaluation of proposals, and facilitate decisions.
- Implement and develop enterprise software solutions, directing requirements definition, development, validation, and ongoing maintenance activities. Planning, developing, supervising and implementing IT projects utilizing the established project management tools and techniques.
- Communicates cross-divisionally and coordinate with user and technical groups regarding applications, developing application solutions, determining system requirements and modifications of systems.
- Directs functional, agile development teams with focus on team culture, quality and operations.
- Drives digital innovation by leveraging innovative new technologies and approaches to innovates, extends and transforms the existing core technology base and IT ecosystem.
- Works with ITS & Institution leadership and peers to review/update processes and/or restructure platforms to align expectations with ITS digital strategy.
- Advocates quality through collaboration on test automation strategies and guidance of efforts to engineer quality into products.
- Directs teams that oversee a healthy build deployment pipelines to uphold high standards of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) frameworks and best practices.
- Facilitates and maintain vendor relationships, negotiating support and maintenance contracts, creating standards for vendors, and finding best available vendors.
- Directs teams that oversee end-to-end integration of software components to support the effective and efficient delivery of services across the College.
- Builds business relationships, understand client workflows, evaluate business models and use this information to drive recommendations.
- Delivers projects that can meet the requirements outlined in business cases and meets reasonable expectations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Additional Comments to Applicants:
- Five (5) years of related experience, including two (2) years of supervisory experience
As a condition of employment CNM requires all students, faculty, and staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than October 1, 2021. All students, faculty and staff must provide documentation of full vaccination using a vaccine authorized by FDA License or under an FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). All documentation to verify vaccination or exemptions must be provided.