Position Title: Deputy Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Requisition Number: req2276
Department: Information Technology Services
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Compensation Type: Contract
Campus Location: Main Campus
This is a benefits eligible position. CNM offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance as well as pension and retirement plans. CNM also offers generous educational benefits to employees, their spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Deputy Chief Information Officer (DCIO) role is responsible for providing the technology infrastructure and operations vision, strategy and roadmap to enable the organization’s digital business transformation vision and initiatives including the shared services initiatives related to our membership in the Collaborative Higher Education Shared Services (CHESS) organization . The DCIO identifies key emerging trends and technologies, especially in the areas of IT automation, cloud infrastructure/platform/software-as-a-service and hybrid on-premise/cloud platforms. The DCIO leads the evolution of the CNM technology architecture to support the new, emerging technologies in order to ensure that CNM's technology ecosystem continuously aligns with the overall CNM modernization strategy and initiatives. The DCIO will work with academic and business colleagues to align Information Technology Services with digital business technology strategies, including new business models, products or services. The DCIO leads the teams that will architect and engineer the required digital platforms to support the CNM modernization and digital transformation initiatives. The DCIO helps ensure that the existing technology ecosystem is stable and available by working with business and IT leadership in the areas of business applications, transactional websites, integrated 3rd party applications, operational technology and employee/student devices, network/telecom, data center operations, enterprise architecture, systems engineering, service operations, and customer/desktop support. The DCIO oversees the management and staffing of day-to-day IT operations to optimize or maintain technology to support the ITS and CNM and oversees the centralized IT administrative, service, and operational activities such as budgeting, purchasing and procurement for technologies and technology services, licensing/subscriptions/legal agreements, and managing key enterprise technology infrastructure/application vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating and implementing ITS Cloud strategy in the areas of storage, platforms, private/public, applications, and business continuity/disaster recovery
- Responsible for CNM's overall enterprise architecture and how the architecture will continuously align with CNM's modernization and digital transformation initiatives
- Oversees and directs the implementation of engineered solutions based upon architecture designs
- Coordinates with our key enterprise application vendors such as Workday, Salesforce, and Brightspace to ensure high-availability, role-based access, redundancy, and security.
- Manages our key enterprise infrastructure vendors such as VMWare and Microsoft to ensure compliance with our Enterprise License Agreements and to negotiate the most cost effective agreements for CNM.
- Partners with ITS leadership and the Office of Data Strategy in the areas of data integration, data warehouse, database administration, and operational data store design, configuration, and implementation.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and direction of the ITS enterprise service management & operations and enterprise infrastructure departments and teams.
- Responsible for the definition and ongoing operation & enhancement of the IT service management framework including IT Asses Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Knowledge Management.
- Responsible for a highly available, reliable and secure technical infrastructure and services with 24x7x365 support. This position will work closely with the IT executive staff and decision makers in other departments across the campus to identify, recommend, design/develop, implement and support leading edge and cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Implements integrated structure for academic and administrative computing, and for providing vision, leadership, strategic planning and coordination of information technology, media, networking, and telecommunications at the CNM.
- Works closely with technology professionals and academic and administrative advisory groups to develop the strategy and planning for technology resources and infrastructure throughout CNM.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and monitoring for IT/technology projects. The individual assists with development of action plans and responses to IT audits. The individual reviews proposed new solutions for appropriateness and fit into the CNM technology portfolio.
- Develops and advances IT policies, frameworks, standards and processes. The individual performs employee management and reviews for direct reports and ensures indirect reports are being properly managed and administered.
- Ensures employee development and certification activities for technical employees are being achieved. Monitors planned change activities and ensures change management reviews are performed.
- Responsible for managing vendor relationships with key technology providers and develops, reviews, and coordinates the selection of solution providers via approved procurement practices including RFPs.
- Establishes transparency in ITS operations using effective communication tools and services. Will coordinate the development and ongoing monitoring of ITS-wide metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Partners with the CIO in executing the vision of CNM by architecting and implementing modern technology solutions and by helping improve ITS operations and services for all departments.
- Leads the senior staff under their direction in solidifying effective relationships across CNM that enable predictable, consistent and confidence building operational performance of the most successful and stable technology at the organization.
- Understands, designs and implements business strategies, financial plans and procedures that maximize the existing capacity at CNM and leverage the speed and advantages available to an IT organization.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and workplace professionalism that inspire and bring confidence to internal and external constituents, representing CNM, acting as a visible figure of the organization raising awareness of technology offerings in public and social engagements.
- Supervises staff to include: prioritization and assignment of work, performance evaluation, training, developing team culture, and supporting human resource actions across ITS.
- Helps establish effective and easily understood Key Performance Indicator tools to monitor ITS performance in meeting technology and service needs for the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field including but not limited to organization dynamics, complex systems science, or business management
- Seven (7) years of related experience
Additional Comments to Applicants:
- Experience overseeing and managing infrastructure enterprise license/subscription agreements, maintenance agreements, and vendors.
- Experience leading enterprise architecture, engineering, infrastructure, and operations teams.
- Experience leading network administration and telecom teams or initiatives and an understanding of telecom and Internet circuit concepts and design best practices.
- Experience overseeing data center support and service operations.
- Experience with network architecture/telecom design concepts and the engineering and implementation of solutions.
- Experience with data center/systems administration modernization initiatives such as automation, containerization, DevSecOps, virtualization, infrastructure outsourcing, and/or cloud or hybrid configurations.
- Experience working with integration platforms/teams to support interoperability initiatives.
- Experience working with security operations and cyber & information security concepts and best practices.
- Experience overseeing complex technology ecosystems.
- Experience overseeing IT operations including budgeting, service/desktop support, and IT internal operations.
- Experience working with IT
service management frameworks including IT Asset Management, Incident
Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Knowledge Management;
ITIL certification a plus.
- Experience working with managed service vendors.
CNM is actively seeking an engaging and visionary leader to join our Information Technology Services (ITS) division as the Deputy Chief Information Officer (CIO). CNM is in the midst of a modernization effort and is recruiting a Deputy CIO to help develop strategy and implement technology solutions. The Deputy CIO will play a key role with ensuring that CNM has a solid foundation upon which to build our next generation applications. The Deputy CIO will identify key emerging trends and technologies, especially in the areas of IT automation, cloud infrastructure/platform/software-as-a-service, network engineering, and hybrid on-premise/cloud platforms. Additionally, the Deputy CIO will oversee IT Operations and other key areas such as service desk/desktop support, and technical training. The Deputy CIO will help lead the evolution of the CNM technology ecosystem in order to help ensure that CNM's Information Technology strategy continuously aligns with the overall CNM modernization strategy and initiatives.
We believe that creativity, collaboration, and innovation lead to success. We actively encourage our teams to learn about the business and share their ideas. We promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.
As a condition of employment CNM requires all students, faculty, and staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than October 1, 2021. All students, faculty and staff must provide documentation of full vaccination using a vaccine authorized by FDA License or under an FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). All documentation to verify vaccination or exemptions must be provided.