Position Title: Part-Time Instructor - Dental Assisting
Requisition Number: req1556
Compensation: Dependent on education and courses taught
Job Grade: X
Department: Health Wellness Public Safety
Employment Type: Part-Time Faculty
Compensation Type: Dependent on education and courses taught
Campus Location: Main Campus
Part-time faculty members are determined to eligible for benefits annually based on a 12 month look back period from October through September each year. CNM offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance as well as pension and retirement plans. CNM also offers generous educational benefits to employees, their spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children.
Pay is dependent upon class assignment and degree held.
Being hired into the regular part-time instructor pool is not a guarantee of employment. Classes are assigned on an as-needed basis. The number of openings for instructors is dependent upon student enrollment.
Cnm Part-Time Faculty
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
CNM faculty are vital to the College’s vision of “changing lives, building community.” This vision is evidenced by a commitment to teaching and learning that supports our goals of student success, increased student retention, and improved graduation rates. Faculty are responsible for providing high quality instruction that meets the needs of diverse learners so that each student may meet course outcomes and achieve their educational goals. An instructor is responsible for providing high quality instruction so that each student may meet course outcomes. Collaborate with the Dean and colleagues to improve the student learning experience. Being hired into the regular part-time instructor pool is not a guarantee of employment. Classes are assigned on an as-needed basis. Hours will vary each class and by term. The number of openings for instructors is dependent upon student enrollment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for effectively preparing, teaching, grading, and assessing student learning in courses assigned.
- Create and model a quality learning environment to support a diverse student population including students with disabilities or special learning needs.
- Maintain student records and provide documentation for in-completes within established College timelines.
- Utilize a variety of technology-based programs to access and input information related to student records and college/school/department processes.
- Assist students with registration, advising, and graduation processes.
- Structure classes and curriculum to correspond with program and course outcomes.
- Prepare, distribute and utilize instructional support materials, including course syllabi, supplementary materials,instructional media and other devices as appropriate.
- Convene classes as scheduled and respond to student inquiries.
- Assist students outside the classroom through posted office hours.
- Attend in-service sessions, college/school/department meetings, graduation and convocation as required.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Must have a current certification in Radiology, CPR, and
must be a Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) Certified Dental Assistant
(CDA) or a State licensed dentists or a State licensed dental hygienist with a
- Current experience in Dental Assistant
techniques such as Radiology, Topical Fluoride Treatments, Coronal Polishing,
Sealants and expanded functions.
- Two (2) years' recent experience in the Dental field.
- Experience working with a non-traditional,
diverse student population.
- Experience with LMS either Blackboard or
- Experience as an instructor of record in post-secondary
- Experience teaching courses in any of the
following high-need areas in the department: Dental Assistant.