Position Title: Full-time Instructor 3-Term - HVAC Technology
Requisition Number: req1534
Job Grade: Y
Compensation: 66,546.00 - 69,529.00
Department: Applied Technologies
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Compensation Type: Dependent on education and courses taught
Campus Location: Main Campus
This is a benefits eligible position. CNM offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance as well as pension and retirement plans. CNM also offers generous educational benefits to employees, their spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children.
Cnm Full-Time Faculty
This position is represented by a labor union and is subject to the terms and conditions of the CNM Full-time Faculty employee union.
CNM faculty are vital to CNM’s vision of "changing lives, building community." This vision is evidenced by a commitment to teaching and learning that supports our goals of student success, increased student retention, and improved graduation rates. Faculty are responsible for providing high quality instruction that meets the needs of diverse learners so that each student may meet course outcomes and achieve their educational goals. Full-time faculty are also expected to perform college service in addition to the instructional duties listed below. This service beyond instruction is integral to the collaborative and innovative work we engage in with our internal and external community members to continuously improve the student learning experience, CNM’s organizational excellence, and the larger community’s success.
Effectively prepare, teach, grade, and assess student learning in courses assigned. Create and model a quality learning environment to support a diverse student population including students with disabilities or special learning needs. Structure classes and curriculum to correspond with program and course outcomes. Maintain student records and provide documentation for incompletes within established College timelines. Utilize a variety of technology-based resources to access and input information related to student records and college/school/department processes. Prepare, distribute and utilize instructional support materials, including course syllabi, supplementary materials, instructional media and other devices as appropriate. Convene classes as scheduled and respond to student inquiries in a timely manner. Provide assistance to students outside the classroom through posted office hours.
Incorporate, as pedagogically appropriate, current technology in a variety of teaching environments. Regularly participate in professional development activities to maintain current knowledge in the field as well as industry credentials required by the program. Attend in-service sessions, college/school/department meetings, and convocation as required. Provide for the security of facilities, equipment, and instructional materials and maintain safe working conditions. Participate in the development and review of course and program outcomes. Perform other instructional responsibilities as assigned by the Dean.
Examples of College, School, Program/Discipline Service includes but is not limited to the following:
•Participate in school and college activities (such as, but not limited to, developing new curriculum or student recruitment).
•Collaborate with faculty and staff from other schools/departments to promote communication, coordinate schedules, and support student success.
•Collaborate with high schools, universities, business and industry or external agencies as appropriate, and assist with program advisory committees as requested.
•Support collegiality by actively participating in the professional development of new and veteran faculty (for example, mentoring, peer observations).
•Serve on department, school, and college committees and task team.
•Participate in and assist with student activities and clubs.
•Participate in other activities as appropriate and approved by the Dean.
- Five years' recent experience in HVAC and Refrigeration industry in residential and/or commercial service, installation and maintenance.
- Hold a valid NM Mechanical Liscense (MM98, JR, JG, JSM, MM2, MM3, MM4).
- Hold a valid EPA Section 608 Universal Technician Certification.
AND meet one of the following:
- Graduate of an HVACR program consisting of a minimum of 600 hours of training
- Hold an associate degree in HVACR Technology
- Hold the title of Certified Master HVACR Educator "CMHE"
- Be working towards CMHE by completing 2 educator specific credentialing exams each calendar year
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in HVACR or building science trades technology-Adjunct instructors must pass an educator specific credentialing exam in each of the disciplines that directly relate to the competencies that they teach, within 12 months of employment
Additional Comments to Applicants:
- Associate's Degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- Teaching experience at a community college.
- Teaching experience in HVAC/R accredited trades and occupational training.
- NATE certifications in HVAC/R and ICE.